Name:
Location: Hyderabad, AP, India

Lover of art and music. Fair and just, balancing the scales always as a true Libran. Partial towards chocolates.

Sunday, July 08, 2007

When the Death Bell Tolls

I remember the times when I walked back from school with Sevak, our servant, busily sucking on a red coloured lollipop.
I remember the fights I had with the bully Raju in the mud pit.
I remember the smell of wet mud and the sight of the first dew drops of the season.
I remember the ecstasy I experienced when I had my first crush.
I remember the church bell toll at midnight ringing clear in the silent night.
I remember the time I rode my first bicycle, with my father holding on to my seat and me turning around every second for the reassurance of his presence.
I remember the time when I got caned for not having done my homework on time.
I remember the touch of my mother’s hands, coarse and soiled with hardships of the household.
I remember my wife’s eyes, questioning me silently.
I remember my son’s smile and the sparkle in his eye.
I remember the face of my mother, stained with tears of concern.
I remember the pride in my parent’s eyes when I joined the army.
I remember the people who fought with me in the war.
I remember the sight of death discernible in the enemy’s eyes.

I am now enlightened, as the hour of doom approaches, I realize what a futile life we lead with hatred housed in our hearts and greed ruling our minds.
Into nowhere our people are heading, and fighting the battle of greed with mindless brutality as the sword and deceit as the amour.
On my death bed, as I lie, all I can do is to pray that people slay no more.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sameera said...

profound and touching

4:36 AM  
Blogger Ajinkya Deshmukh said...

that was deep... nice to read you after sucha long time.

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home