Name:
Location: Hyderabad, AP, India

Lover of art and music. Fair and just, balancing the scales always as a true Libran. Partial towards chocolates.

Friday, May 05, 2006

I am a Disco Dancer!!!

I attended one of the DJ nites conducted in office…..Generally people go to such nites to burn the dance floor. But me, nay…I’m different….I go to relish the musical waves which hit my ear and of course to watch the others dance. Unaware of this fact one of my colleagues asked me for a dance and got a blunt “No” for an answer. Only my feet tap along with the music…no other part of my body is stimulated unfortunately….

Me and dancing are way apart…We are like step sisters, who never get along…Lets see….hmmm…The first time I danced was in standard 3- The Sunflower dance. We had these frilly frocks and a sunflower around our face made out of crape paper…All I could remember doing was shake and nod my head…Well, if you could call that a dance ..then I did dance….The next time I took the floor was in the fresher’s party in my engineering years ..there I danced out of force and fear of ragging… and in the farewell party I danced out of sentiment….

When I dance I surely look like a chicken which is caught in between two trucks in a desperate attempt to cross the road…The movement of my hands and feet resembles those of a drowning soul…In short, I have two left feet when I dance….

Come to think of it…I’m not alone in this world who is bad at dancing….Sunny deol definitely sucks big time at dancing….My favorite star, Abhishek, is also not far off in this category…As an Abhishek fan I would say he’s improved a lot with the hip hop look in “Dus bahane” and “Bluffmaster”…My friend Shilpa is the one who would go to a discotheque and glue her self to the chair….well, I know many who are shy to dance but only a few like me, are not exactly shy, but are not good at the trade.

I love those ads of pepsi where John and the girl in the black skirt sway intimately…oohhhllaaa….And the one in which Hrithik says "I can’t dance”….

Well, I am one of those privileged people who make other dance to my tunes…..(I guess that would have sounded better in hindi)…
Anyway, naach baliye…

3 Comments:

Blogger Sameera said...

hey megha
this was a funny post..lol

but i still feel ur exagerrating ur prowess or rather lack of it at dancing..


french dance was pretty fine according to me..

so dont know what u are talking about

1:45 AM  
Blogger megha said...

@@ Sam

Well..what can I say...The dance we had in the French class was, according to me, one of those "sunflower dances", where all we did was walk or run around in different directions....

7:45 AM  
Blogger Jagan said...

Well.. That was a nice one.. I thought i was the only one with two left feet.. I hv company over here.. Is salsa taught in hyd ???
Hello, btw..

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home