Name:
Location: Hyderabad, AP, India

Lover of art and music. Fair and just, balancing the scales always as a true Libran. Partial towards chocolates.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

De-Bugging

The computer shows 2:00pm…yawn…bugs and more bugs to fix…God!! These bugs are really bugging…My eyes take the hint from my fatigued brain and all of them together perform the non-cooperation movement, in which they strike against all the bugs in particular and any kind of work in general….Aahhaa…So, I stifle another yawn…Drink a cup of coffee to bribe my senses to work…but, to no avail. So, I decide to blog…my favourite pastime…


*Mental Block*


What do I write about? Thankfully while blogging I don’t face this predicament as the thoughts just flow and nothing is pre-conceived….But, this was an exceptional case where I was blogging to keep away boredom, sleep and bugs!!!

I looked around me for my savior who would give me something to write on. I gladly noticed that my colleagues were suffering a similar plight. Some were e-chatting with friends…(yah through meebo…no firewall can stop us from chatting… “e-chatting, mailing aur IM mera janam siddh adhikaar hai” is the slogan of IT professionals)…Some of them chatting with colleagues in the opposite cubicle..(what a pathetic state of affairs)…Orkut, gmail, raaga.com, and many such sites are the ones most frequented by us…

O Shucks!!! Here’s my PM…minimize all the windows and open project related website and sit staring at it as if you were immersed in it for hours. Ok..whom will he stop to talk to for updates…Oh!! No it’s me…Why don’t we just bell our PMs (as in “belling the cat”)… just in case…


*5 minutes later*

I : electrocuted by my PM’s artillery of questions and management policies
PM: very pleased with the effect produced on the target.


Reeling under the conversation I just had, I staggered for yet another coffee..all the coffee planters remember us software professionals in their prayers….”Thank you God for making vunerable idiots likes software professionals who feel that problems are solved with a cup of coffee”…

I take the elixir of my life (i.e., coffee) and perch myself on my colleague’s desk and try to do small talk…Let me tell you we are really bad at small talk…we just can’t talk about the weather, the serial we watched last night and the annual budget…atleast not at the age of 22…when life has much more to offer…So, we settle down with our very favorite topic… “ Mera pyaar PM aur uska project”…This is done in obviously hushed tones, heavily accented voices and a kind of sign language and ofcourse, all this is done only after ensuring that the PM is at out of earshot distance.
After this refresher, it’s a load off my chest. So, plan to get back to my bugs…After about another half an hour of struggling with bugs…the comp shows 6:00pm…time for French lessons..

“Je vais au cour the francaise. Au Revoir!!!”
(Meaning: I’m off to the French class. Goodbye…..)

I promise to be back with more bugs

This is a special dedication to Sameera, who has been braving out bugs, for the past two days..Hey Sam, this is the early bird prize you bagged for having survived my previous post- "I have changed"

1 Comments:

Blogger Sameera said...

thanks megha
im honored,flattered,what not :p

*takes a bow*

good going..small talk and us eh..
lol at us having nuthing to discuss but our work and all..

very sad state of affairs..no wonder french classes are a refresher..

chillax babe..all things shall pass.

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home